Monday, October 10, 2011

Winners for Sketch #5

It’s been an another amazing week at Freshly Made Sketches! Thanks to Anne Marie Hile for joining us and sharing her beautiful design. Choosing winners from 51 fabulous entries was not an easy task but our Clean Team has decided!

The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:

Lesley's Choice

As I looked at all the gorgeous samples on submitted this week, my eye kept being drawn back to Lela's pretty sympathy card! I love the colours and the touch of lace which gave this card a wonderful air of elegance. Also the crisp white flower with a pearl in it and the simplicity of the bird cage, made this card such a special creation! Congratulations Lela on being my choice for a Perfect Princess this week!


Anne Marie's Choice
Sue at Little Bits of Randomness

Sue's fa-la-la-la-festive card has me ready for the ho-ho-ho-holidays! I really like how the embossing folder she used is such a fun compliment to the patterned paper. The sparkly ornaments dress up the tree perfectly. But that trio of bitty jingle bells?! Yup, they really brought a smile to my face. So cute and the perfect way to top off this cute Christmas creation. Congratulations Sue, on being A Perfect Princess this week!

Linda's Choice

Jen Sannes' Christmas card is lovely in every way! Crumb Cake provides a beautiful background to showcase the pop of Cherry Cobbler. The unexpected sparkle of the glimmer paper and the bling adds just the right touch of holiday cheer! The design is classic and elegant! Congratulations Jen on being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!


Patti’s monochromatic card is really wonderful. I like how she enhanced the snowflakes created by the embossing folder by spritzing them with Frost White shimmer paint. But I especially liked how she stamped the sentiment. The heat embossed “Joy” looks absolutely fabulous stamped on Vellum and layered over the lyrics to Joy to the World. Congratulations, Patti, on being a Perfect Princess this week!


CIndy's Choice
Christy Q at SchnauzerCrafts Creations

Christy's last-minute entry stole my heart. These adorable little penguins are perfectly colored, and I love the Dazzling Details on their little hats. The embossed Polka Dots background panel looks like snow falling, a perfect touch. The red satin bow with the buckle slide is a wonderful compliment to the overall design. So wintry-crisp and clean. Congratulations, Christy! You're my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Jennifer's Choice
Narelle of Stamplicious

I love the elegance of Narelle's card!  The cake stamp is stunning with the Vintage Wallpaper background and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch.  Congratulations Narelle on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Rita's Choice
As an owl fanatic, I fell in love with Mindy's card as soon as I saw those two little cuties sitting on the branch. And how cute are the little danging Halloween images on the background paper too? Her layers look amazing and really showcase the traditional colors of the holiday. Congratulations, Mindy, on being my Perfect Princess for the week.
The "Queen of Clean" this week is:

Tuis Choice
Julie Gearinger - Stamping with Julie Gearinger


What a lovely Christmas card this is, I love how well the colours come together to create a non-traditional colour scheme for the festive season, and of course the music notes and beautifully coloured image really spell Christmas to me in a a festive and joyful manner and then finally to complete the look, the gorgeous double looped bow is the perfect finishing touch!

Congratulations Julie on being the Queen of Clean this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thank you for joining us! Wednesday we will be back with Sketch #6 and another Featured Designer!!

Tui Nathan and Lesley Croghan

7 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow! My husband will not believe that I am a "Queen of Clean" - you should see my house (too much stamping and not enough cleaning)..:-)

All joking aside, thank you for choosing my card as "Queen" this week! The "Perfect Princesses" have wonderful cards as well as the other entries and I know that it is tough each week to decide.

Thanks again for the honor and all of the inspiration that you give us weekly- I am looking forward to playing again in the future!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Thanks Jennifer for picking my card as a Perfect Princess. I'm honoured and am so glad I found your challenge as there is so much inspiration here! Congrats to all the winners.

Anonymous said...

Well done ladies, your cards are all beautiful xx

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Thank you Rita, for choosing my card this week! It was such a fun sketch and I felt so inspired by it! All of the cards were wonderful!

None None said...

Thank you, Cindy, for choosing my card this week! This was truly a fun sketch and had me putting my thinking cap on after I put aside my first attempt. I'm always inspired week in and week out to play along due to the great sketches and the fantastic inspiration from the DT! Thanks again, Cindy, for making me feel like a princess this morning with this wonderful news!

None None said...

Oh, and congratulations to my fellow "Perfect Princesses" and the "Queen of Clean" this week!

Lela said...

Wow! Thank you Lesley for choosing my card with the other Perfect Princess. I've already used this sketch again, it's so fun as are all of the Freshly Made Sketches. Congrats to all of the Perfect Princess and Queen cards - they were all lovely!